objects of the Association is:
To equip grassroots organisations including workers’, women’s,
youth and oppressed people organisations, with the appropriate
Information and Communication technological means.
- To educate, spread information and conduct research in order
to democratise Information and Communication Technology
- Fight the “digital gap and divide” and the unequal
access to ICT
- Fight corporate interests that are monopolising technology and
- To campaign in favour of the Free software/Open source software,
philosophy and the copyleft movement
- To campaign to make design of information technology take into
account social considerations and people’s interests.
- To campaign for IT and Internet rights
To campaign for the defence and promotion of civil & political
liberties in the context of the development of Information Society
Support all global movements in their struggle to democratise
access to IT as well as support the alter-globalisation movement
for better world.
Cooperate with any organisation with similar aims as FreeIT.Org
or campaigning for social and economic justice